New challenge!

#16stubc

A new Edublogs Student Blogging Challenge has begun! In week one students will be asked to introduce themselves.  I’m using Glogster to share a few things about myself.

Save

3 thoughts on “New challenge!

1. Hello Dinah,
    Thanks again for agreeing to mentor some of my students.
    I’m hoping that you could help me with one or two technical questions.
    1. You mentioned that my student should insert the Challenge badge in the sidebar. I forget how to do this on their Edu-blogs! Was there supposed to be a piece of code that the student could copy into a text widget?
    2. I’ve noticed that some of the non-edublogs have the Google translate button in the sidebar. I’d like my student to have this so they can correspond with the students from Serbia. I’m having trouble figuring out how to do this on an edu-blog.
    Thanks so much for any help you can give me!
    Evelyn Theriault

2. Hello.
    I’m excited to be working with your students and helping in any way I can.
    As for the Challenge badge – I think that the embed code will be given to us in the course of the challenge. I’d ask Sue Waters about it.

As for the Google translate button – here is a post for teachers about adding widgets to blogs.
    I went here
    https://translate.google.com/manager/website/
    and entered my blog site address. It will generate an embed code that you can enter into a text widget.
    For WordPress blogs I think this might give you the information you need. http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-add-google-translate-in-wordpress/

Hope that helps.

Dinah

Update: I copied the embed code from a previous challenge badge and substituted the png for the new badge. It seemed to have worked. I hope Ms. Waters has no objection to me sharing.
    Here is the code:

Copy and paste it in a text widget.

3. Hello there!

I hope your daughter gets well soon! I hope it won’t get too serious.
    Nice blog!

Scruffyhercules