Student Blogging Challenge – Round 2

And so, a new season of the Student Blogging Challenge begins. This time I took the suggestion of one of the participants and created a Prezi as a means of introducing myself to the students.  Enjoy.   About Me 

For many years I wasn’t a fan of Prezi. Being a diehard PowerPoint user, I wasn’t all that excited about the movement, zooming in and out and around.  It made me dizzy. (In fact, I’m spinning just thinking about it.)

Over time I began to rethink my opinion of the tool.  I found some really good resources to help people create effective presentations.

4 thoughts on “Student Blogging Challenge – Round 2

1. Dinah,
    Thanks so much for taking on the role of mentor again. I like your idea of taking part just like your students are.

I notice you have a great range of students this time – various countries and variety of blogging platforms.

I love your prezi. My first job between college and university was as a computer programmer – it ended up being a keypunch operator.

2. What a coincidence! I was trained in high school to be a keypunch operator. Boy, are we showing our age. Heehee.
    I enjoy keeping up with the students. I’m learning from them and passing along the information to our preservice teachers. I love the range in countries. I was slightly worried about how I’d communicate with the student whose blog was in Spanish. Along comes Google Translate and it’s no problem.
    Thanks for giving me the opportunity again.
    Dinah

3. Pingback: Visit these weeks 2 and 3 : Challenge Yourself to Blog

4. Pingback: Challenge 4 – Lots of choice | Well Done!